Monday 9 July 2012

DIY Cupcake stands

I didn't realise just how long it had been since I've made a post! I've been busying myself with assignments and have neglected my little side project, but I have lots of things to share with you!

First, I stumbled upon this wonderful DIY idea. Cupcake towers are very popular at the moment, but cupcake stands can be incredibly expensive! Instead, why not try out one of these neat little DIY stands? All you need is some imagination and you could have any kind of cupcake stand you want!




Tutorial
http://cakejournal.com/tutorials/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes/

Try this one with different shaped cake boards and see what you can come up with.



Tutorial
http://www.designsponge.com/2008/05/diy-project-kates-recycled-cakestands.html

Mix and match your plates and vases for a truly unique design.




Until next time,
Bel

2 comments:

  1. There is a shop on Etsy called myEroom that sells cake stand components and drill bits as well as very funky cake stands made out of old vinyl records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rach! Thanks for reading, and for your comment. I'll have to check it out. A very useful bit of information!

      <3
      Bel

      Delete